If nothing else, HitTail has helped me realize the obvious: if I want to find a free blogging client for Mac I should Google it (by the way, I'm the top hit if you do so). I did so and found several. The first two I came across, Bleezer and Qumana failed to configure correctly so I moved on to option three– Flock. Flock is a media-based web browser based on Firefox technologies that I have heard of before. Flock isn't an ideal solution, seeing as how it's a web browser and not a real blogging client which means the process of posting something isn't as simple. The only way that it would be quicker to use Flock is if I migrated all of my web browsing to it, which I'm not willing to do.

So, lets look at the rundown of blogging clients...

1. MarsEdit: The best one, but its not free.
2. Ecto: Didn't configure properly (and isn't free).
3. Journler: Great app, but no new Blogger support.
4. Bleezer: Didn't configure properly.
5. Qumana: Same as above.
6. Flock: Not much of an improvement over the Blogger entry client.

I think I'm just going to keep doing it the old fashioned way until I win the lottery (or find $20 in the street) and can buy MarsEdit.

P.S. Why do computers have such antiquated dictionaries? Flock (which I used to write this post) repeatedly told me that "blogging" and "Google" were not really words.

1 glowing praise(s):

  1. Anonymous said...

    I'm the author of Bleezer and I'd love to help, or at least understand what wouldn't configure properly. You can reach me at larry@larryborsato.com.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.